When it comes to marketing your hotel, photography is key. A good hotel photographer can capture the essence of your property and help you create an image that attracts guests. With so many hotel photography services out there, how do you choose the right one for your business? We touched on this briefly in last week’s blog post about the pricing of hotel photography, but I thought it was best to dive into this a bit deeper!
What to look for in a hotel photography service
Before anything else, you need to define a few of your own attributes:
- The type of hotel you have
- Your budget
- The style you’re going for
- The level of experience you need
- The location of your hotel
When looking for a hotel photography service, it’s important to consider what kind of photographer you want shooting your property. There are many different types of photographers out there, ranging from amateurs who dabble in photography as a hobby to professional photographers with years of experience shooting hotels and resorts.
The first thing you’ll want to consider when choosing a hotel photography service is the photographer’s experience and expertise. A professional photographer will have a wealth of knowledge and be able to help you achieve the look and feel you’re aiming for with your hotel photography session. They will also have access to better equipment and software than an amateur, which means the photos they produce will be of a higher quality.
Another important consideration when choosing a hotel photography service is their style. Do you want a classic, editorial look for your photos, or something more modern and funky? The photographer’s style should match the overall vibe of your hotel.
You’ll also want to make sure that the hotel photographer you choose has a good reputation and can provide references from past clients. It’s important to review the work they’ve done in the past to get an idea of their style and quality.
Finally, do they have an idea of what kind of photography works for your target market? this is that elusive factor that makes your photos have a great ROI! taking photos that “speak” to your target market are even more powerful than writing targeted sales copy. When they see photos that resonate with them, they’re drawn to them and by extension, your brand.
The different types of hotel photography services
Now that you know what to look for in a hotel photography service, let’s take a closer look at the different types of services that are available.
1. Traditional hotel photography services
Traditional hotel photography services are typically provided by professional photographers who specialize in shooting hotels and resorts. They will have extensive experience in photographing all different types of properties, from small boutique hotels to large luxury resorts with a keen eye for details.
2. Lifestyle hotel photography services
Lifestyle hotel photography services focus on capturing the feeling and atmosphere of your property, rather than just the physical spaces. This type of photography is perfect for showing off the unique personality of your hotel and attracting guests who are looking for an authentic experience.
3. Drone hotel photography services
Drone photography is a newer trend in hotel photography, but it’s one that is quickly gaining popularity. Drone photography allows you to capture sweeping aerial shots of your property, giving potential guests a bird’s eye view of your hotel. This type of photography is perfect for showing off the layout of your property and the surroundings. I’ve specialised in drone photography for a few years and if you like, you can check out my drone photography portfolio!
4. 360 degree hotel photography services
360 degree hotel photography services provide an immersive way for potential guests to experience your property before they even step foot in it! These types of photos are taken with special 360 degree cameras and allow viewers to explore your hotel virtually, getting a feel for the space and seeing what it has to offer. Google loves these kind of photos on their local listings (map listings), so if you don’t have any, make sure to hire a 360 service.
5. Virtual reality hotel photography services
Finally, Virtual reality (VR) hotel photography services are the newest trend in hotel photography and provide an even more immersive experience for potential guests. These services use VR technology to create a 3D virtual tour of your property that guests can explore using a VR headset. This is pretty cutting edge and can be expensive, so it’s only worth it if it really resonates with your target market or if you want to be a market leader in the space!
The benefits of working with a professional photographer
When you work with a professional photographer, you can be assured that the photos they take will be of the highest quality. They will have the experience and expertise to make your hotel look its best, and their photos will reflect that.
A professional photographer will also be able to help you choose the right angles for your shots and use the best lighting to capture your property in its best light. This is especially important if you’re shooting interiors, as bad lighting can make even the most beautiful rooms look drab and uninviting.
Additionally, a professional photographer will know how to edit their photos to perfection. They will be able to remove any imperfections and make sure that each photo looks its absolute best before it’s released to you.
How to choose the right photographer for your business
Now that you know what to look for in a hotel photography service, it’s time to start narrowing down your options and choosing the right photographer for your business. Here are a few tips:
– Get recommendations from friends, business contacts or colleagues who have used a hotel photography service in the past. They will be able to give you first-hand insights into the quality of their work and whether or not they would recommend them.
– Have a look at the portfolios of different photographers to get an idea of their style and quality. Make sure that their portfolio matches the overall aesthetic you’re going for with your hotel photography.
– Ask around for quotes from different photographers. You should have a good idea of their rates before you start narrowing down your options.
– Once you’ve found a few photographers you like, set up meetings with them to get to know them better and discuss your hotel photography needs. This is also a great opportunity to see more of their work in person.
Tips for getting the most out of your hotel photography session
Once you’ve chosen the right photographer for your business, there are a few things you can do to make sure that you get the most out of your hotel photography session:
– Plan ahead and think about the specific shots you want. Make a list of must-have shots and share it with your photographer before the shoot.
– Choose the right time of day for your shoot. The lighting can make a big difference in the quality of your photos, so it’s important to choose a time when the light will be flattering. If you’re not sure what time would be best – ask your photographer!
– Be prepared for your shoot. Make sure that your hotel is clean and presentable and that all of the staff are aware of the photographer’s presence to avoid any issues on the day.
– Don’t be afraid to try new things. If you have an idea for a shot, run it by your photographer and see if they can make it happen. You might be surprised at what they’re able to capture!
By following these tips, you can be sure that you’ll get beautiful, high-quality photos that capture your hotel in the best light possible. With the right hotel photography service on your side, you’ll be able to attract new guests and make your hotel stand out from the competition.
Hotel photography is one of the most important aspects of marketing any hotel in todays world, where visuals rule our attention! By choosing the right photographer and following these tips, you can be sure that you’ll get beautiful, high-quality photos that capture your hotel in the best light possible!