If you’re a business owner, then you know that marketing is key to your success. And if you’re looking for new photography for your resort or hotel, then you’ve come to the right place! In this blog post, I’ll discuss how to find the right photographer for your business. I’ll give you some tips on what to look for and what to avoid. So whether you’re in Miami or anywhere else in the world, read on for the best advice on finding a professional photographer!
How to Choose the Right Photographer for Your Resort
When it comes to finding a photographer for your resort or hotel, there are a few things you should keep in mind. Here are a few tips to help you choose the right one for your business:
1. Do your research. This is probably the most important step in finding the right photographer. Look online and see who’s out there. Check out their portfolios and see if their style is a good fit for your resort or hotel. Everyone will have their own unique eye and there might be a photographer who always shoots in just the style you and your brand needs!
2. Ask around. Get recommendations from other business owners or colleagues who have used photographers in the past. They may be able to recommend someone who is not only talented but has worked with brands similar to yours before and understands your needs, perhaps even better than you do!
3. Meet with potential photographers. This is your chance to get to know them better and see if they’re a good fit for your business. Ask them questions about their process and what they can provide you with. It’s important to feel comfortable with your photographer and trust that they will deliver high-quality photos that represent your resort or hotel well. After all, great photography can sell your resort better than any amount of words could.
4. Consider your budget. Photographers can vary greatly in price, so it’s important to find one that fits within your budget constraints. However, just because you’re on a tight budget doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice quality. There are plenty of great photographers out there who won’t break the bank, but you will have to do your research to find them.
5. Ask what other value they can provide. Resort photography can be about more than just taking pictures. A great photographer will also be able to provide you with expert advice on things like composition, lighting, and even marketing. If you can find a photographer who can provide you with all of this, then you’re on the right track!
What to Expect from your Resort Photographer
Once you’ve chosen the right photographer for your resort or hotel, it’s time to start planning your photo shoot. One the day of the shoot, try and ensure the shooting location is ready to go – your photographer should arrive on time and be prepared to work with you to get the best possible results, but if they have to wait around for a couple of hours for you to get things ready, then you’re just wasting both your time and theirs! You know how best to lay out your resort, so ensure it’s all ready to go so you can account for any extra time needed for weather changes etc.
Your photographer will likely have some ideas for shots, but they should also be open to your suggestions. After all, you know your resort or hotel better than anyone! At the same time, don’t be afraid to let them have some free rein over shots, especially if you’re not sure what will work well. Resort photography can be tricky, so it’s always best to leave it to the professionals! They may also have an outside eye for details that you gloss over as you see them every day.
During the shoot, your photographer should be professional and easy to work with. They should make you feel comfortable and help you or your team pose, or capture rooms and details for the camera in a way that makes sense for your brand. And of course, they should take amazing photos that capture the essence of what your resort or hotel is all about!
When it’s all said and done, you should be left with a set of stunning photos that show off your resort or hotel in its best light. These photos can then be used for marketing purposes, whether that’s on your website, social media, or even in print ads. Resort photography is an investment that can really pay off, so choose your photographer wisely and enjoy the results!
Tips for Working with the Photographer you Choose
1. Be prepared. It’s important to have a clear idea of what you want from the photo shoot before it begins. The photographer will need a general idea of the type of photos you’re looking for, as well as the overall mood and feel you want to achieve.
2. Communicate with your photographer. Don’t be afraid to communicate with your photographer throughout the shoot. If you have any specific requests or changes, let them know. They want to help you get the best photos possible, so don’t be shy!
3. Be flexible. Photo shoots can be unpredictable, so it’s important to be flexible and go with the flow. Things may not always go according to plan, but that’s okay (that’s why you make sure your space is laid out and ready to go before they get there!). The photographer should be able to work around any unexpected surprises and still produce great photos.
4. Relax and have fun! This is your chance to show off your resort or hotel in the best light possible. So relax and enjoy yourself while the photographer captures all the beautiful moments.
Resort photography is a great investment for business owners looking to showcase their property in the best light possible. By choosing the right photographer and being prepared for the shoot, you can ensure you’ll get stunning photos that capture the essence of your resort or hotel. Hopefully this blog post has gone some way to help you out!
I have decades of experience shooting resorts, whether they’re hotels, spas, cruise ships and everything in between! Why not take a look at my Commercial Portfolio? Or if you feel like we could work well together, why not get in touch on the button below?
However, if you’re not yet convinced you need new photography for your resort, then maybe my previous blog post titled Why Great Photography Is So Important For Your Marketing, is right for you!